· Schools should not be in the family planning business
· Schools should not be dispensing abortifacients and contraceptives without parental consent.
· Currently any school-based health clinic receiving federal funds under Medicaid, SCHIP or Title X may distribute any contraceptive including the morning after pill without parental notification.
· Parents must consent before their child can receive aspirin at school or go on a field trip, but that same child can be given contraceptives including the morning after pill without parental consent or notification.
· Over 150 schools across the country may dispense the morning-after pill at school-based clinics.
· These schools put their students at high risk for life-threatening complications.
· Since the student’s medical history of taking the drug could be unknown or secret, doctors could have difficulty treating an arising complication.
· H.R. 6453 protects our children and ensures they are not making adult decisions without the guidance and wisdom of their parents.
Click here for a copy of the talking points in PDF format.